Friday, April 16, 2010

Still no computer

We still have no computer here. I'm starting to get used to it but it does drive me crazy at times. Rob's computer doesn't completely start up so it is unusable for now. We are trying to get a OS disc from someone so we can completely redo the whole thing. In May I have an extra paycheck so I looked at computers today and found one that I will be able to afford at that time as long as nothing else comes up first.

Anyway, in the meantime I have been thinking of more ideas for this blog. I have decided that in addition to posting about the places we visit, I would also like to post other ideas or issues related to children and also share some of the funny things the kids say and do. I have a few things already that I want to post before I forget.

First, I have something that I hope you will find useful when getting kids to clean up or in other situations as well. The other day the kids had the Easter eggs out and scattered all over the living room floor. It was almost time for us to leave to take E to his playdate and I wanted to get the kids to clean up the eggs first. I said to the kids "we can't leave until the eggs are cleaned up." I found myself repeating this over and over. Finally I realized how negative this must sound to the kids so I rephrased it. "As soon as all of the eggs are put away we can go to J's!" Almost right away, E was scrambling to put all of the eggs back in the basket! It's amazing that putting a positive spin on something makes all the difference!

Here are two examples that I know E is learning! He just amazes me sometimes! First, we had lunch at McDonald's with E's friend on Monday. On Wednesday he asked if we could go there for lunch and I reminded him that we had just been there on Monday. He then told me that he wanted to make a pattern of it. We would eat at home one day and McDonalds the next. I'm really amazed with the next thing. We had just pulled into his school and got in the drop off line. I like to be there early so I don't have to line up in the street but that usually means we have to wait a little bit. E has asked about the wait before and I always just tell him that the teachers are not ready for us just yet. On this particular day there were only two cars ahead of us in line. E said "the shorter the line, the longer we have to wait." He was absolutely right. The fact that there were only two other cars meant that we were really early and would have to wait a while. I am 99.9% sure that I have never said anything like that to him and I am stunned that he put that together!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment