Tuesday, June 22, 2010

DuPage Children's Museum

I'm finally getting around to this! A few weeks ago the kids and I went to DuPage Children's Museum. I'm sure most of you have been there (if you live in the area) and if not, why?! Anyway, this place is great. The family has a membership there and they are one of the few places that have a caregiver pass. The family was able to add me to their membership and I get my own card with my name on it and the number of children I can bring in with me. Anyway, one of the things I love about this place is that there is so much to do. Everytime we go, we do at least one new thing because there is so much that we never get to all of it in one trip. I will admit that it is hard and sometimes overwhelming to take both of them there. I think because they have a three year gap between them so they are not always interested in the same thing or have the same attention span. M is always ready to move on when E could spend another hour. One thing they both love is the water!

We went to the bubbles first!





Then E built a dam with bean bags. There is a handle to pull that lets a ton of water down so you can test your dam (or ruin it).


Then we went over to the other water table. One thing I like is that this has different heights to it so the little ones can reach as well.




Here E is building a system of pipes.


And making them spray everywhere!




Playing with water toys.




They also have a little thing that the kids crawled through. It is up by the ceiling. Not sure what to call it or how to explain it.

Here is E building a pipe system.


They also played in the baby area for a while. Here they are building a tower out of soft blocks.


M sitting in the corner playing with baby toys.


This was in the movement section.


Making them race.



This thing was cool! You put the ball at the right end and then turned the crank. It would make each of those pillars move and the ball would slowly work it's way left and then fall off the end.



Looking out at the dark clouds with the telescopes.
The giant pin art. E was having fun with the boy on the other side. They were trying to work as fast as they could to push their side in faster than the other.


I also of course had to get a pictrue of them sitting in the big chair.

Another thing I like about the Children's Museum is that downstairs they have a eating area where you can bring your own food (love that part). They do have a few vending machines with drinks, snacks, ice cream, and coffee. The other thing that is good to know is that they have microwaves in case you pack something that needs to be warmed up. This is perfect for when you want to pack a lunch to bring with.

On the way home, the kids held hand the whole way. It was very cute. When they ride in my car they can reach each other so that is usually the only time I get to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment