Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Train week

Train week was an exciting week for us! It couldn't have come at a better time because E has been very interested in trains lately. For lunch one day I took the kids to 2Toots. I got pictures this time!

Here is E watching (with his hands) the train go by. Nope, no food yet.
After lunch they each got a cupcake with a train whistle on top. Here is M blowing the whistle.
Of course I had to get a shot of each of them with the frosting on their faces :)




The other really exciting thing we did was take a ride on the Metra. We got on the train in Glen Ellyn. Here the kids are having a snack while we wait for the train.

Look at how excited he is! M was still warming up to the idea of being on the train. She ended up really enjoying it and talking all about it for the rest of the day!
We got off of the train in Elmhurst. We didn't have a lot of time to spend before we had to head back to the train. We did walk around a bit and see the people setting up the carnival that was going to be there later that week. Then we stopped for ice cream at Coldstone and ate it while we waited for the train home.
I promise, I will post a list of books for each week soon. However, the library did not have a very good selection of train books. They were all checked out so I'm guessing some other people were very interested in trains as well. I did manage to get one train book that E loved!


2 comments:

  1. Last year I did those exact same train week activities... 2Toots, a train ride to Elmhurst, and ice cream at ColdStone. And Wilder Park. Planning on doing it too sometime this summer, but I want to review the other train restaurants also! We usually go to 2Toots cuz its close, but there's also AllAboard and Choo Choo Johnny's that I've never been to. Have you been to those ones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not been to either of them. I will have to check them out. It sounds like something the kids would love!

    ReplyDelete