Sunday, August 22, 2010

Butterfly House

Peck Farm Interpretive Center in Geneva has a Butterfly house. They are located at:
4038 Kaneville Rd.
Geveva, IL 60134
They are open daily 9-5 (noon- 5 on Sunday)
I was unable to find what months they have butterflies but I do know that they close the butterfly house when it rains. The house is free but they do ask for a donation of $2 per person or $5 per family. If it is going to be hot, I suggest getting there early because this is outside just in a screened in house. It does get hot in there.

I forgot my camera that day but I did get a few good pictures with my phone. Enjoy!

E and M looking at butterflies.
If there is water, E will find it! And M will follow!
After we left the butterfly house, we went to see what else there was at Peck Farm. They had gardens, a silo that you can go inside and climb to the top of, a lake with a dock, and of course, Peck House. Peck House had a hands on nature room that the kids spent a good amount of time in. M's favorite was the stuffed animals and books. We all read Stellaluna with the stuffed animals. E's favorite was the "please DO touch" table. It had things from nature to look at and touch such as feathers, a turtle shell, clay molds of animal foot prints etc.
Here is E looking at deer antlers with the magnifying glass.
And now he is the deer!


No comments:

Post a Comment