Saturday, August 28, 2010

Kindergarten and jet lag

The title explains the past week. E started kindergarten on Wednesday. He did have a bit of a tough time at drop off the first day but walked out with a smile. He didn't say too much about it though. The second day he seemed a bit unsure at drop off but went with no problems. Again, he left with a smile but still not too many details. By Friday he was a pro at drop off! When I asked him what he wanted me to tell daddy about his day, he said "School was great and really fun. And guess what else!" Me: "What?" "School rocks!" I couldn't help but smile a big smile and feel as if I were welling up a little. I'm just so proud of him! He also told me about getting to decorate a person cut out of paper. I'm guessing they were supposed to be making themselves? It seems like something that you would have kids do at the beginning of the school year.

As for M, this week has been about getting her back on schedule. She had been waking at night for long periods of time. So on Monday I woke her from nap a little earlier than normal. Didn't help. On Tuesday I gave her only an hour and a half to nap. Still didn't help. On Wednesday I skipped the nap completely. The kids and I went to DuPage Children's museum so that M wouldn't fall asleep. Surprisingly, the only time she fell asleep in the car was the last 5 minutes before getting home. That night she slept! So Thursday I was not sure if I should put her down for nap or not. I decided to put her down but only for an hour and a half again. That night she was up again. So Friday after lunch the kids and I headed over to Monkey Joes so M wouldn't sleep. We had a great time racing down the slides and wrestling. We had a great time giggling and laughing as we rolled around. Times like that are one of the many reasons I am a nanny!

I am curious to find out Monday morning how the weekend went for M and her sleeping. Who knows, if she has to start giving up the nap, there may be more outing to post about. I was sad to think that we wouldn't get to have as many now that summer is over. We will see.

Also, starting this week or next week (depending on how much time I have for this this weekend) M and I are going to start learning while E is at school in the mornings. And of course, we will be going to music class and hopefully some other new classes. Also, since E liked the siblings class so much at MyGym, they are going to keep doing it in the afternoons! I'm happy that he won't have to miss out on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment