Sunday, June 19, 2011

Magic week and book list

Magic week was not as elaborate as pirate week. It was hard to find things to go along with the theme. Plus we had a lot of other fun stuff going on throughout the week! Monday was spent at the park, Tuesday was full with dance class, a lunch playdate, and mygym. Wednesday we went to wild Wednesday (will do a separate post for that) and then soccer. Thursday we was the magic show at Kid's Klub (also a separate post). We were also supposed to have two playdates that afternoon but both canceled so we ended up at the park again. And Friday we spent the whole day (Friday's are short days for me) at the zoo! So basically all we did was read the books I got from the library and see a magic show. The kids were in a bit of a magic "mood" you could say and we were pretending to do magic tricks. I wish I would have read the up-close magic book that I got before the week started so that I could have attempted a few magic tricks for the kids but I was in Michigan the weekend before. Oh well, not all of the themes will be as full of ideas as some. What really matters is that the kids (and I) are enjoying the summer and not sitting around bored!

Anyway, here is the book list for magic week:
Polo and the Magician- Regis Faller
Polo and the Magic Flute- Regis Faller
Close-Up Magic- Nicholas Einhorn
Chavela and the Magic Bubble- Monica Brown

This coming week we are doing winter! Yup, we will be talking about winter right at the beginning of summer! Some of the activities that I have planned to go along with it seem like they may be good warm weather activities such as making ice sculptures out of ice cubes. What a great way to cool down! We will also be having a snowball fight! And just like it's never too cold for ice cream, it's never too hot for hot chocolate!

We will also be starting to read the book Mr. Popper's penguins. Two chapters a day means we should finish next Friday and then we can go see the movie! I can't wait to read this book. It is one of the few that sticks out in my head from when I was in grade school.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment