Monday, June 6, 2011

This weeks theme: Pirates

We are doing pirates this week! I found some printable activities and coloring pages for free online. We will also make treasure chests out of shoe boxes and have a treasure hunt. I'm thinking I might hide their treasure chests with a few little prizes inside for them to find. For snacks we will have pirate swords made with carrot sticks and cucumber and pirates on a ship (instead of ants on a log). I also have plans to have them make spyglass telescopes out of paper towel rolls and hats out of newspaper. However, I found last summer, we didn't get to a lot of the crafts that I had planned because the kids were more interested in being outside. That is totally fine with me! Maybe this year I can plan to do the crafts outside on the back porch. I also have a list of books picked out but because it was too late last night, I haven't had a chance to get to the library. I usually have the books ready to bring with me on Monday morning. But I could also take the kids and have them help me pick out books.

No comments:

Post a Comment