Sunday, June 5, 2011

Summer starts tomorrow

I just wanted to let everyone (if anyone still reads this) know that I haven't forgot about this blog! This school year was a busy time and not much happened worth posting that hasn't been posted about before. E had his last day of school on Friday so I guess that makes tomorrow the first official day of summer vacation! I have been busy planning out our theme weeks tonight. I'm not done but I at least have 12 themes picked out. Whether we use them all or not, I don't know yet. As I found last summer, you can plan everything out in advance but things will have to change! There may be weeks (like the weeks that the kids have swimming lessons or when E has camp at the arb) that we just can't fit anything extra into! Anyway, I wanted to share the themes with everyone in case you need some ideas of things to do with the kids this summer. I will go into more detail later and of course, report back at the end of the week (or a month later hehe) with pictures!

Cooking/food
Camping
Ocean (never got to that one last summer, or didn't do much with it. Can't remember)
Music
Science
Pirates
Rainforest (also never got to that one last summer)
Winter/ice (thought it might be a nice way to beat the heat)
Photography
Back to school (for the week before school. Thought this would be a good summer to do this since M starts preschool in the fall. Yikes!)
Penguins (with a trip to see Mr poppers penguins and maybe read the book in the weeks leading up to it)
Magic

Obviously these are not in order. I'm trying to plan them around certain activities going on this summer such as a magic show at Kid's Klub on June 16th. If you are in the area and want to know more about that just let me know.

I'm hoping to do a post soon that goes into more detail about what we are doing for each theme, but I can't promise anything! I really wish there was more time in a weekend or even an evening so I can do all of these extra things I take on and still have time to take care of my apartment/relax/spend time with my husband. Oh yeah, for those that don't personally know me, I got married last month! Another reason for neglecting this blog. Anyway, like always, I love reading comments so let me know what you think! Send me questions, ideas, anything! If there is something you would like to see more of (or less of) just let me know! And pass this on to others! I would love to get more readers this summer! It would give me more incentive to keep writing! Comments will also give me incentive!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment