Monday, June 6, 2011

Pirate week: day 1

I can't guarantee that I will actually post each day of the week all summer but for now I find it easier if I use my phone for pictures and posts.

So here is what we did for our first day of pirate week:

This morning during homework time E and I worked on a maze to help the pirate find the treasure chest. They also colored a treasure map.




This was lunch (or part of it). Pirates gold, swords and cannonballs (grapes which were not pictured). They had fun protecting their gold by using their swords and cannonballs. Luckily, it did not get out of control and no food was thrown! Always a bonus!

After lunch M put on her pirate costume and the kids played pirates. Later in the afternoon, while we were playing, the kids were really loud. I told them that they sounded like parrots and pirates always have parrots as pets. For snack they had a parrot snack of crackers and apples.

Tonight I am getting books from the library to go along with our theme so I will be sure to post our reading list for this week.

In other news, we are working on potty training M for the second time. The first time I think was a bit too early. I thought she was ready but once we started it was clear she wasn't. This time is going much better! She did have an accident at the park this morning. Maybe we shouldn't have stayed as long as we did. However, this afternoon was great, three successful trips to the potty! That is a huge improvement from last time when we had zero in three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment