Sunday, July 11, 2010

Little Monkey Bizness

Little Monkey Bizness is located in the shopping center with Dominick's in Western Springs
4700 Gilbert Ave, Ste 51
Western Springs, IL 60558
Rob works at that Dominick's so I have seen this place from the outside and have been wanting to go there for some time now. Since E was gone last week and I just had M, I thought it would be the perfect time to go. It was $7.50 for her to get in and I was free. Children who are crawling are only $5. They do have a little area that is just for children under 2. I like that it is very open with low walls so if you had a little one in the crawler area you could still watch your older child in the bigger area. They have a lot of different things for the kids to play on or in.

Here is M inside the little play house.
They also have a bigger play structure with swings. M couldn't really get on this one but she enjoyed running back and forth while holding on to it.
Here is another cool swing. She is showing how to sit on it but she also enjoyed swinging on it on her belly.
Here she is inside the little tree house.
They also had several climbers with slides. This is one of the smaller slides.
There was one big bouncy house with a slide in it but I didn't get a picture of her in that one since she was only in for a few minutes. The other thing that we didn't check out was their art room.
They also had a cafe where they sold coffee, drinks and snacks. We brought our own food in. I'm not sure if it was allowed but no one said anything to us.
I like that this had stuff for really little ones but also things that 5 or 6 year olds might like as well. I'm not sure if kids any older would have fun there.
I also noticed that they are opening one in Wheaton! If and when we go back, it will be to the one in Wheaton as this one is 15 miles away. As for my thoughts on the price, I don't think it is a great price but I also don't think it is outrageous either. I think it is about the same price as going to Monkey Joe's except Monkey Joes has a LOT more to do. Hmmm, maybe a trip to Monkey Joe's on the next rainy day.

1 comment:

  1. This is the one that I take My M to and as it is only a few minutes away it does make it a nice get away on rainy days.

    ReplyDelete