Sunday, July 11, 2010

Yorktown Mall

Wow, I just realized how far behind I am on this blog. Sorry!

Yorktown Mall is a good place to take the kids when it is raining. So on a rainy day (notice M's raincoat and boots) the kids and I went to the mall to play for a while.

On the way to the play area we usually stop to check out the fountains.


And try to touch the water.

Then I bought a pass for the kids to ride the train.

I didn't actually get pictures of the play area but if you have never been there, it is a big tree house with a slide. There is also a little play house that M likes with little games and mazes on the wall. There is also a log that the kids can climb on or through. M and E of course like to climb on it and then jump down. On this particular trip to the mall, I was slightly annoyed with a few events that took place. This is a first for all of them. There was a little girl at the top of the tree house just crying and crying. A lady went around asking everyone if it was their child and no one claimed her. She then went to tell someone at customer service. Security was called and as soon as they got there, a woman stood up (who had been there the whole time) and claimed her. She then realized that this little girl had wet herself and the slide.
While the slide was closed for cleaning I let the kids continue to play but most people left. We then noticed a little boy crying for his mom. At that time it was me and one other lady in there and she was just as concerned as I was so it wasn't her child. I asked where his mom was and he said he didn't know. So I grabbed the kids and walked to the customer service desk to tell the lady. She was not happy with me because that was the second time she had to call security and the first time they showed up it was for nothing. She gave me a hard time about it and I explained that there was only one other adult in there because everyone left. I understand that they probably don't want to be bothered for no good reason, but this was a child who lost his mother! Anyway, when I got back his mom showed up. I had to go back to the snippy lady and tell her that she had been found. Turns out, she hadn't even called for security yet. I hope I never loose my kids in that mall! When we returned, the other lady told me that the mom had been by the train. Why didn't she take this little boy with her? He was 3 at the most. I can understand if he was a bit older and she let him know, but still!
Other than that, the kids had a good time playing and we have never had such a bad experience before. We will probably continue to play there every so often but not on a regular basis.




No comments:

Post a Comment