Saturday, May 15, 2010

Summer is coming

Next week is E's last week of preschool. Once he will no longer be in school we will have more time to visit places and do fun activities. I am planning on having weekly themes where we will do projects/crafts, go on outings, eat food that goes with the theme, read books, etc. So far I have come up with a list of themes for the summer. I came up with eleven but I think I only need 10. They are just ideas that can be changed based on the kids interests. I wanted to share the list of ideas for everyone so that they can get ideas of things to do this summer, give suggestions or ideas, or just see what is in store for us this summer. I plan to post updates at least weekly. Please feel free to use these ideas. I just ask that if you, please leave a comment about how it went!

So, here is the list of ideas so far...
-Camping
-Fire safety
-Trains
-Zoo
-Ice cream
-Ocean/beach
-Five senses
-Bugs
-Circus
-Farm
-Rainforest

I haven't come up with all of the ideas for the themes just yet but here are the ideas that I have so far.

Camping- Build a tent in the backyard
Fire safety- A trip to the local fire station
Trains- Ride the Metra a few stops and then explore the area
Zoo- Anything to do with zoo animals and a trip to the zoo
Ice cream- Make homemade ice cream, have an ice cream party with friends
Ocean- Ocean animals and maybe a pretend beach day
Five senses- Explore each of the senses, one for each day of the week
Bugs- Not sure yet what to do other than find bugs, read books, and do crafts but I'm sure I'll find something else bug related.
Circus- Make our own circus, maybe there will be a circus that we can go to.
Farm- Visit a farm
Rainforest- Make a rainforest

Of course there will be a lot more to go along with all of these themes. There will be books and crafts for each one. Once I know exactly what to do with each, I will post about it. I did find a site that has all of these themes and things to do. I haven't looked at it too much to see if it is any good but I will share it anyway. www.atozteacherstuff.com. It lists all of the themes and then provides ideas to go along with the theme including snacks, crafts, printable coloring pages, lists of books and more.

The week won't be completely packed with our theme because I do want to leave some time for other things such as going to the pool/splash pad and meeting up with friends. I also want to make sure that I have things planned to do with the meetup.com group.

No comments:

Post a Comment