Friday, May 28, 2010

Maryknoll Park

It was a very nice day today, warm and sunny but not too hot! Anyway, I wanted to take the kids somewhere outdoors but I wanted to take them somewhere new. They love going to new parks. If I ask if they want to go to the park they always ask to go to a new park. I really need to spend some time on the park districts site to research new parks so that I have an idea of where to go ahead of time. Anyway, the newspaper happened to be sitting on the counter with a picture of a park in Glen Ellyn. So I looked it up and decided to take the kids there. I wish I had done a little more research on this park first so we would be prepared. It is right next to the splash pad (which was not open yet) so of course there is water. There was a sandbox with water structures in it. It looked like a lot of fun but I didn't bring the sand toys or dry clothes for the kids to change into. So we went home and got the stuff and headed back. There is more than just the sand and water, there is a tree house play structure and swings. There is also another part of the park that we did not visit because they were having too much fun in the water. Actually, that is the only thing they did except for the swings of course. M loves her swings!

Here is the tree house.


Here is the sandbox.
E playing in the water.



M sitting in the mud.


In the swing of course! They only had two baby swings and this really cool big swing. It was a big circle that you could swing on or jump on. It's kind of hard to explain and I wish I would have taken a picture. The kids didn't go on it because they spent most of the time in the water.




E showing off how wet he got!

It was a great little park with restrooms (luckily!) and a covered picnic area. The other part of the park included a 75-foot Berliner Cable Ride, climbing bounders, and net climbers. In case you are interested, the address is 845 Pershing Avenue in Glen Ellyn. It is right across the street from Health Track. Bring sand and water toys, or at least a bucket, and dry clothes. One thing I would have liked to see more of was some shade. There was no shade at all. However, some guys were there talking about where to put something so that the shade would fall in the right spot. So maybe they are getting shade! That will be helpful because the rubber got pretty hot. M wouldn't walk over it with her bare feet. I don't blame her.

1 comment:

  1. I've taken my kids to this park many times... I can still remember when Maryknoll was being built (when I was a kid). We used to ride our dirt-bikes all over where houses now stand...

    Maryknoll park is pretty sweet. I'm a huge fan of the zip-line.

    Nice post...

    ReplyDelete