Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Veggie garden and Lake Ellyn

On Tuesday during spring break we spent the morning planting a veggie garden. I took the kids to Home Depot to pick out seeds. I realized that it was too early in the year to plant seeds outside so we also bought a green house that holds 72 seeds. Once we got home, it was a lot of work to get 72 disks of dirt ready to plant. You had to add water to them so they would expand. The kids had fun helping but got bored quickly. I think next year I will have to prepare them ahead of time. I wish I would have taken pictures of the kids helping with this.

In the afternoon I decided to take the kids to a park that I had not taken them to before. We went to Lake Ellyn. Here are some pictures of the kids looking at the fish in the water.





We also saw some ducks swimming. After looking at the fish we went to play on the playground. One thing that I like about this park is that there are a lot of trees to shade the play equipment. We didn't need the shade that day but it is good to know since summer is coming up. It also has a "bumpy slide" as we call it. Here is a picture of E on the slide.


Please note that this is not the original post. I had to delete it because the pictures were not showing up and for some reason I was unable to edit the original.

2 comments:

  1. Christine, Leah and I did one of those seed pod-y plant things (haha, what?) too. Ours was a Target Dollar Section Sunflower one, and she loves it. I think it helps that it's only been three days and her Sunflowers are already really tall. So, if you want to do a redo for pictures, try Sunflowers- they'll get instant gratification.
    P.S. I love those "rolly bar" slides. We had one at this park I went to in Kearney (yes.. when I was 22) and they're so weird. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did sunflowers but everything died when we put it outside. Yeah, I can see you going down that slide! I can see you trying to show Leah how its done and her just looking at you like you are crazy!

    ReplyDelete